Wes P. Henderson
Wes P. Henderson is the founding and managing member of Henderson Law, LLC, a boutique litigation law firm located in Crofton, Maryland. Mr. Henderson has over 10 years of legal experience representing clients, and has a past record of obtaining successful results on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Henderson works tirelessly to secure favorable results for his clients without having to file a lawsuit, but remains poised to file a lawsuit and proceed to trial, if that course of action is in the best interests of his client. Mr. Henderson is an experienced litigator that brings a unique blend of having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits. Mr. Henderson employs his diverse background to successfully work with insurance companies and their lawyers to secure favorable results for his clients.
While Mr. Henderson handles a variety of complex litigation matters, he tends to focus his practice within the areas of legal malpractice, medical malpractice, automobile accidents, and premise liability accidents. Mr. Henderson also regularly defends clients sued by their former lawyers for attorneys’ fees.
Mr. Henderson is admitted to practice before the Maryland Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. Mr. Henderson received his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Pittsburgh. Mr. Henderson received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. While at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Mr. Henderson was a Semester Honors Recipient and CALI Award winner for obtaining the highest grade in Financing in the Health Care Industry.
Mr. Henderson is a member of various associations including the Maryland State Bar Association, the Anne Arundel County Bar Association, the Prince George’s County Bar Association and the Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Litigation Counsel of America – Fellow
The Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016, 2017)
Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice. The distinction of Rising Star is received by only 2.5 percent of Maryland’s attorneys who are 40 years old or younger or in practice 10 years or less.
- “Minor Compromises, A State by State Summary,” District of Columbia Summary, ABA Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, July 2010
"Comparative/Contributory Negligence and Joint and Several Liability, A State by State Summary," District of Columbia Summary, ABA Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, July 2009
- "Independent Evaluation Panel Analyzes U.S.-Mexico Cross-Border Trucking Demonstration Project," ABA Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, Winter 2008
- "Spoliation of Evidence, A State by State Summary," District of Columbia Summary, ABA Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, July 2008 (co-author)
- "Money Talks: An Analysis of Nonprofit Hospital Conversions to For-Profit Status," Matthew Bender's Health Care Law Monthly, May 2002
- "Informed Consent: Do HIV-Positive Physicians Have a Duty to Disclose Their Status to Their Patients," Matthew Bender's Health Care Law Monthly, September 2001
- “Legal Ethics and ESI” presented at How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (NBI Seminars) - 2017
- “Ethical Considerations” presented at Hearsay, Email, Business Records and Social Media - in the Trenches! (NBI Seminars) – 2016
- “Legal Ethics and ESI” presented at How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (NBI Seminars) - 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia