Maryland and Washington, D.C. Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn injuries are among the most painful and invasive of all bodily afflictions. The effort and care required to heal demands extensive attention from the victim and his or her medical care team. Not to mention, the scar tissue leaves behind a painful memory of a difficult period in time. No one faults a burn victim for the pain and suffering he or she goes through on the journey to recovery.
Personal injury lawsuits involving burns involve the allegation that another party was negligent in causing the condition. You may have the right to pursue legal action and remedy against the responsible parties. Speaking with a Maryland burn injury lawyer is one way to provide legal insight as to how you should proceed for the best possible outcome.
The burn injury attorneys of Henderson Law are sympathetic to your situation. Our only goal is to ensure a better future for burn victims in Maryland and their families. Contact our office today by calling (410) 721-1979 or sending us a request via our online form.
Negligent Burn Injuries
While many burn injuries occur at the hands of the individual, there are many that do not. Understanding whether you have a claim is an important first step in initiating the legal process. There are many types of burn injuries one can face.
- Fire Burns. Malfunctioning equipment can lead to a fire that burns the operator. Fire alarms and lack of access to other safety precautions subject a person to even greater dangers. Fire burns are among the most impactful to an individual’s body since flames move and spread quickly.
- Electrical Burns. Live wires are common causes of electric burns. These can occur on your personal property or at a construction site. Injured people may face heart attack, brain injuries, skin burns, and injury to internal organs. If the shock is severe enough, electric burns may even result in death.
- Chemical Burns. Chemical burns are hazards of some occupations. Factory and maintenance workers are victims of chemical burns. Injuries involve burns to the skin as well as cardiac arrest.
At Henderson Law, we commit ourselves to protecting your rights to recover damages after being injured by someone else’s negligence. We are not afraid to fight on your behalf. Put a legal team of Maryland attorneys on your case who carry a reputation for winning. Let us show you how we can elevate your quality of life through all legal redress possible. You can contact us by calling (410) 721-1979 or by submitting the request form here.
Degree of Burn Injuries
Almost everyone has felt the searing pain of sitting on a hot car seat or touching a hot stove. The solutions to the pain response are easy to implement. Cold compresses and keeping the blistering wound clean are common at-home treatments. However, more serious burns may necessitate a visit to the emergency room Since the degree of burn injuries vary, your compensation and time commitment to a lawsuit will depend on the nature of your injuries.
- First-Degree Burns: The least serious of all burns, first-degree burns are more manageable in nature from a medical and legal perspective. Medical treatments are not always part of healing. However, you can pursue a claim for first-degree burns if your property was damaged or you incurred other losses.
- Second-Degree Burns. Second-degree burns are more painful than the former since they touch the second, sensitive layer of skin. They present in the form of blisters. Scarring may or may not occur in the future. Medical treatment is required especially for more severe cases covering larger areas of the body.
- Third-Degree Burns. Third-degree burns are more impactful to the individual. It is this level of injury that results in extreme disfigurement and limited mobility. Most third-degree burns tend to kill the nerves under the skin meaning that victims will not be able to experience sensation in that area during the future. It is the most serious of burn injuries and relies upon heavy medical intervention.
How Our Maryland Burn Injury Attorneys can Help
You have a right to be made as whole as possible when someone has negligently or intentionally caused burns to your body. It is not right, and we are ready to fight for you with insurance companies and in court. Our aggressive team of Maryland lawyers know what it takes to get the most from your case. Tell us your story by scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation by calling (410) 721-1979 or submitting our online form.
Henderson Law, LLC is accepting new cases in the District of Columbia and Maryland. Henderson Law, LLC is willing to take new clients across the State of Maryland, including, but not limited to, new cases arising in the following cities: Annapolis, Crofton, Bowie, Upper Marlboro, Crownsville, Davidsonville, Edgewater, Millersville, Odenton, Severna Park, and Pasadena. Please call Henderson Law, LLC for an initial consultation.