Maryland Legal Malpractice Attorney
Maryland Legal Fee Defense Lawyers
Hiring a lawyer can be a tough decision, not to mention an expensive one. Lawyers have ethical obligations that preclude them from making an agreement for, charging or collecting an unreasonable fee or an unreasonable amount for expenses. In considering whether a lawyer’s fees are fair and reasonable, one should consider the following factors:
- the time and labor required, the novelty and difficulty of the questions involved, and the skill requisite to perform the legal service properly;
- the likelihood, if apparent to the client, that the acceptance of the particular employment will preclude other employment of the lawyer;
- the fee customarily charged in the locality for similar legal services;
- the amount involved and the results obtained;
- the time limitations imposed by the client or by the circumstances;
- the nature and length of the professional relationship with the client;
- the experience, reputation, and ability of the lawyer or lawyers performing the services; and
- whether the fee is fixed or contingent.
I’ve been sued by my former lawyer!
If you have been sued by your former lawyer for legal fees or are receiving threatening letters from your former lawyer, you may feel uncertain as to how to proceed or scared about facing them in the courtroom. If you are having such feelings, you are not alone. At Henderson Law, we regularly represent clients that have been overcharged by their former lawyers or need assistance with responding to threatening letters from their prior lawyers. As part of representing the Client, Henderson Law, individually and often with the assistance of an appropriate legal expert, will assess whether your former lawyer has committed legal malpractice or charged you an excessive fee for the services provided. We will also counsel you as to the steps to take, given the amounts at issue and the strengths of your claims against your former lawyer.
Do You Need a Legal Malpractice Attorney in Maryland?
We know that finding a legal malpractice lawyer willing to represent you against your former lawyer in Maryland can be very difficult. We are willing to take the time to discuss your matter with you and to see whether our firm is a good fit for your legal needs. Contact us at Henderson Law if you live in Maryland or Washington, D.C. Our knowledgeable malpractice attorneys will be happy to discuss your case about your former lawyer with you.
No Obligation Consultation
Cities We Serve
Henderson Law is accepting new cases in the District of Columbia and Maryland. Henderson Law is willing to take new clients across the State of Maryland, including, but not limited to, new cases arising in the following cities: Annapolis, MD | Crofton, MD | Bowie, MD | Baltimore, MD | Glen Burnie, MD | Columbia, MD | Frederick, MD | Bethesda, MD | Ellicott City, MD | Dundalk, MD | Bel Air South, MD | Aspen Hill, MD | Gaithersburg, MD | Germantown, MD | Potomac, MD | and North Bethesda, MD.
Please call Henderson Law for an initial consultation.